Monday, April 24, 2006

A Musical Week

The Robbie Williams paved the way for the musical trysts these days.

Last night I went to watch the British Philharmonic Orchestra play at the Cultural Center amphitheater. It was conducted by Mastro Roderick Dunk. There was also a guy who was doing a lead flute. It was good. Although there are moments when Mozart's beat makes me feel drowsy it was a lovely night to spend time on. The second song they played was a bit melancholic. Others were bubbly. The music they played were mostly familiar to me considering they were played a lot of times either at home or while I was somewhere.

I would not mind being taken on a date for an evening of opera or concert.

I have seen the Philharmonic Orchestra of Rome a few years back and there was a lady who sang. She was splendid.

Tonight I hope to watch the Russian violinist Anastacia Khitruk & Swedish pianist Daniel Propper at the Cultural Foundation again.

The thing about these types of concerts is that it gives me a sense of being able to try to understand the understated message in every song. Although it actually feels funny going to watch operas ALONE, the songs actually get you in tune with yourself without having to think of anybody else. I am not sure if you understand what I mean, but I just feel like I am more focused when I sit there and listen and feel every rise and low of the music.

Yes, all in all it was a wonderful night. Tonight again perhaps?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

xtrastats free counter


Free Hit Counter